Saturday, November 16, 2013

2nd Birthday Cards

These next 6 weeks are crammed full of birthdays for us, closely followed by Christmas! C is one of 8 from my antenatal group, most of which get together quite regularly and they are all turning 2 this month! So, We decided to get cracking making the cards.... I started by printing a sheet of  little "2"'s and a couple of big 2's - the 2's I chose are hollow I suppose, so that C could colour (scribble) them in. I then cut them all out once she had made them beautiful. I also used my circle paper punch (effectively a giant hole punch) and cut out some sparkly card I got from Tesco. It is insanely sparkly and the magpie in me just had to have it! Anyway, I cut a load of circles out in blue, pink and silver, gave C a pot of PVA glue (from Sainsburys) and some coloured card folded in half and we worked as a team to get them done!

If C had her own way, they'd have just been glue... she loves gluing, but not too fussed about actually sticking the bits on.

So I used:

A4 coloured card (folded in half)
printed 2's for colouring (I'll add the template later, the font is on my other laptop)
super sparkly card
paper punch of your choosing
pva glue and a spreader.




So C glued........



and then I prompted her to stick the bits on.........


 
And taaaaa-daaaaa! Aren't they gorgeous!?

No comments:

Post a Comment