Saturday, November 16, 2013

Ikea LATT make over part 1

I had seen on pinterest some fantastic ideas for making my Ikea LATT table and chairs look less ikea. I chose my fabric and decided to set to work using these instructions from Lella Boutique.  

 
 
 
I chose to use PUL fabric so it would be cleanable due to the nature of its owner. I wanted something "fun", but not too childish, so I found this terrier fabric on Etsy which took 2 weeks to come from Korea.
 
I found these instructions very easy to use, but when I pull them apart to paint them, I think I will use a hot glue gun to keep the fabric down instead of tape. The tape I had was packing tape, and it was useless and was peeling off.
 
Also, I found it easier to put the covered panel into the sides first, then screw the back into place and then the front. It was tight.
 
 
The chairs look amazing though! I am very happy with how they turned out and can't wait to paint them - I am thinking dark blue. 

NOTE: I just painted the frames and they look amazing! I did use hot glue to attach the cover to the chair.... BAD idea!! If you are going to make the seat cover using hot glue, make the fabric bigger! I can't actually get the seat pad back in the chair!! Going to get father in law to router the groves a bit bigger so I don't break the seats. Will update the photo soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment